Drag and Drop Categorization of Images

I find that when an end-user is not in the thumbnail mode but is
instead has the image enlarged but not yet full-screen it becomes
annoying that an end-user cannot drag the image to the categories and
label them like they could if they were in thumbnail mode.

I have had several area users tell me that f-spot was broken because
of their natural intuition that if categorization was as easy as drag
and drop in thumbnail mode it should be as easy in enlarged mode to
categorize them as well.

The reason that some end-users have come across this issue is because
of the inclination to enlarge some images before making the decision
of what category they belonged in. Please note I am not talking about
full screen mode at all.

While I realize that an end-user can right click on an image and then
select a category for the enlarged image it just is not intuitive
enough to many end-users. The concept of the drag and drop is so good
that it should be used through out the whole of the program no matter
what size or mode the image is in.

I would suggest enabling the simple drag and drop categorization for
the enlarged mode of viewing.

--
Sincerely yours,
Richard Krone

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no
matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and
your own common sense.
--Buddha