Re: managing raw files

Hello Thomas,

This sounds very, very complicated? Why do you make it so difficult for you?

I use Bibble and F-Spot, too. My Workflow:
1. Import all the RAW files with F-Spot to the default F-Spot photo folder (~/Photos/YYYY/MM/DD). 2. Have a look at them (in F-Spot). Normally I don't want to process all RAW files I shot. 3. I process a RAW file right-clicking on the image in F-Spot and selecting "Open with" -> "Bibble Pro"[1]. Unfortunately this works only if Bibble is not open yet. If it is open, I right click, select "copy image location" and open this image in Bibble. Absolutely no problem.

Processing all RAW files with Bibbles batch processing would not change anything in this workflow.

The only Problem is that I have to reimport the JPGs/TIFFs Bibble creates and that F-Spot does not support versions of RAW files. But as I read this will come. Very, very great, I am looking forward it. I save the processed files in the same directory as the RAW files so that I have them side by side with the original RAWs. And tagging them as "RAW" and "processed RAW" makes it possible to filter them.

[1] I modified the desktop script a bit and create a little script which opens the RAW files in Bibble. I don't have it here, I'll post it when I return home this afternoon.

Regards und Grüße aus Darmstadt,
Paul.