Re: Memory usage

I have encountered similar behavior after relatively (a few hours) long use of F-Spot.  I didn't keep a close eye on memory either.

Peter

On 11/7/06, Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo milesi gmail com> wrote:
Hi

Yesterday I've been using F-spot for some hours to import many photos.
I started, did a 1h break, and then back on again.
After something like 6h of work F-spot started becoming slow to death.
I thought it was the rsync running in another shell but after stopping
it nothing changed. So I ran top and I saw cpu, memory and swap file
all at 100%. I had 10 or 20 f-spot processes running and taking almost
all the available memory!
I will try to reproduce this (when I have other 6h for tagging :-P),
keeping an eye on memory.

The steps I did for every imported folder were:
1. Select the folder
2. Apply the "lastimport" tag and import them into f-spot
3. Filter for the lastimport tag.
4. Create a new tag with folder name, apply it to the imported pic,
remove the lastimport tag
5. Filter for the created tag, tag all the pictures (I have 500+ labels).

... and so on.

Happened to someone else?
Cheers
Maxxer
F-spot 0.2.2 on Gentoo AMD64 kernel 2.6.18