Re: amount of photos

Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
a question for everyone who replied (but especially for you using a laptop):
where do you store all those GB of pictures?
Do you have only one F-spot db?

I have a 20gb partition on my laptop that stores about 6k or 7k photos as a single f-spot db.

I also keep a couple of separate f-spot db's on an external USB drive for a couple of different projects I've worked on. They probably both also have around 5k photos in them.

I've found that generally performance is quite good on both the internal and external drives. However, occasionally I see f-spot's memory usage spike to over 1gb and performance drops like a rock. I'm still trying to narrow down exactly what triggers this.

Warren