Re: [Evolution] Evolution Freezing and IPv6

On Mon, 2022-10-31 at 13:35 -0400, my-no-spam--- via evolution-list
wrote:
I've noticed that if I enable IPv6, evolution just hangs opening my
mail and sometimes just freezes if left open. If I disable IPv6, the
application performs like a rock star. Any ideas where I might start
troubleshooting this? I have watched the network connectivity and,
from
what I see, it appears that only one of the three connections to the
remote server actually gets established.

Is the remote server IMAP?  Sometimes it is handy to test the
connection with openssl just to see if it can get setup.

openssl s_client -connect server.domain:port -starttls imap

https://djangocas.dev/blog/test-tls-connectivity-with-openssl/

Then move on to using the CAMEL debugging

CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:debug,imapx:extra evolution >& logfile

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging

It really seems likely that an IPv6 issue is a network issue; once the
socket is open the application really doesn't care.