Re: [Evolution] Has somebody still a GNOME Discourse account?

                  Hi,

                  I wonder if whitespaces are kept by the plain text
                  part of the Discourse's multipart messages, if the
                  body of an email send to Discourse does start and end
                  with a line containing three times the tilde or
                  whatever else the used markdown implementation
                  provides for code.

Apparently plain text is actually interpreted as Markdown.  You can
mark a block as code by surrounding it with three backticks (a "Fenced
Code Block") or by indenting by 4 spaces.

I presume though that if it's a multipart message, the content used in
the post will be the HTML bit, not the plain text bit.

                  It might look disgusting as a forum post, probably
                  like syntax highlighted code, but might provide a
                  proper formatted plain text for emails.

Personally I think plain text emails should be rendered as such. If
Markdown elements are detected, then render it as Markdown.

                  Is somebody who still has got an account interested to
                  test it?

I haven't tested it, just reflecting what people have said and by
looking up the Markdown reference manual.

P.