Re: [Evolution] Trouble with gnome evolution

On Tue, 2022-10-25 at 14:58 +0200, Philippe Lefèvre wrote:
Error performing TLS handshake: Un paquet TLS incorrect a été reçu.
: an incorrect TLS packet was received

        Hi,
these errors usually come from glib-networking, which uses GnuTLS by
default. I think it could have something to do with system crypto
policies, but I did not know it influences also Flatpak.

Could you try to downgrade to the 3.44.4 version, whether it'll help
with anything, please? You can do it with this command:

flatpak update --commit \
   def74e5bce7c7a789f878f9d1562acfaa431edd6ff29902525d8e37dd1b8a736 \
   org.gnome.Evolution//

After that make sure no leftover background process from the previous
execution of the flatpak evolution left is running, for example with:

   ps ax | grep evolution | grep app

There should be no process from /app/... directory. If there is any
such, then kill them. Or simply restart the machine.

I recall people claiming some issues with the 3.46.0 due to changed
runtime, thus due to libraries Evolution depends on. These libraries
can get into the runtime of the 3.44.4 too.

For what it's worth, I do not face the problems you face. I tried with
3.46.0 (by Flathub.org) and it added a Google account with no problem,
including Contacts and tasks and calendar events. I used Fedora 36.

        Bye,
        Milan