Re: [Evolution] Evolution crashes when trying to compose email

On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 19:58 -0400, Ken Wright via evolution-list wrote:
On 2022-10-21 19:45, Pete Biggs wrote:

I just upgraded to Ubuntu 22.10 and Evolution 3.46.0-2, and all
of a sudden I can't compose, send, or reply without Evo
crashing.  There's obviously something wrong in the installation,
but I'm a hardwaregeek, not a software guru.  Can anyone shed any
light on this issue?
Further details upon request.

There's been quite a few reports of crashing with that version.
You don't say what sort of crash you see, but is it anything like

 https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libsoup/-/issues/308

which was fixed about a week ago but may take sometime to filter
down to the distros.

Okay, you may now mock the hardware geek, because nothing at that
link made the slightest bit of sense to me.

Now, let me describe the crash.  It starts with the program stopping,
and after a minute or two I get the option to Wait or Force Quit.  If
I Wait, I get the same message again a few seconds later.  Force Quit
does what it says it will, and terminates the program.

If the problem was fixed a week ago, is there a Flatpak I can install
that works?  I can continue using RoundCube if I need to, but I'd
rather use Evo.

Replying to myself:  I Googled how to install the most recent Flatpak,
and it appears to be working properly now.  Thanks, Pete, for pointing
me in the right direction!

Ken