Re: [Evolution] Announcement: this mailing list will be retired by the end of Oct 2022

On Fri, 2022-10-21 at 14:10 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
That's about correct, and I see where that can be seen as a
limitation. You
can only filter by category in the way that you're mentioning AFAIK.
One
way would be to include an [Evolution] or [$APP] tag in the subject
line
and filter by that but that'd require instructing users to do so, not
particularly feasible. But that's definitely a good point.

It's a bit more than a "good point". To me this is a fatal limitation.
I'm willing to make the effort to adapt to Discourse (thousands
wouldn't) but unless a reliable solution to this is found the change is
simply unacceptable. I have absolutely no interest in following
discussions about the Gnome project as a whole. Evolution is one of the
few Gnome apps I use (my desktop is KDE) and I seriously do *not* want
to have to deal with this on a message-by-message basis.

As others have said, Evolution is primarily an email client, and it
makes sense that its main support forum should be a properly managed
mailing list.

A further point: I'm on several technical mailing lists, each of them
with their own management. What they largely have in common is a set of
common practices which people have become used to over a period of many
years. The Gnome lists appear to be moving to platform which is
radically different from every other list I'm on, and which requires a
new set of tools to manage. This is a lot of pain for zero gain as far
as I'm concerned.

poc