Re: [Evolution] Wrong time zone shown on some events in calendar

On Tue, 2022-10-18 at 13:00 +0200, Vincent Hennebert via evolution-list
wrote:
Any idea of what’s going on?

        Hi,
not really. I know of a regression in libical 3.0.15, but that's not
part of the Fedora and a fixed libical 3.0.16 will come soon.

The Fedora 36 did not update evolution* packages for some time now,
thus the only option is either some sort of local cache corruption or
some other package made an update, which confused the system. A
"tzdata" package comes on mind as one of the timezone related packages.

The timezone name you mentioned sounds like a Microsoft Exchange
timezone. I would verify that the timezone used in the Evolution is an
expected time zone (it should, but just in case). Then you can try to
move away (not delete) ~/.cache/evolution/calendar/ directory and then
execute from a terminal:

   evolution --force-shutdown

which will stop also the background processes and then next time you
open the calendar it'll download the events into its local cache from
scratch, maybe fixing the cache content this hard way. Whether it'll
help or not I do not know. If it'll be worse, then return back the
moved directory from the above and do the force shutdown again, to
return back to where it was.

        Bye,
        Milan