Re: [Evolution] weird bug: mismatch between the message list and preview pane

On Fri, 2022-10-07 at 18:31 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
IIUC you are asking for an option to rebuild the folder tree, hence
suspect you are using IMAP accounts. It's one of the reasons for me
stay with POP accounts, since those are completely free from such
maintenance work on almost all MUAs, while there isn't a day
without
similar IMAP account related questions on at least one MUA's
mailing
list.

I think that's tremendously unfair. I've used IMAP based accounts for
many, many years and never had any issues with them. They are
infinitely more workable when you use more than one client - I
currently have something like 10 clients on different OS's and lots
of
different MUAs and NEVER had any issues.

Agreed. I too have a number of IMAP-based accounts and several clients
for them on different devices and platforms, including Evolution. I
have never seen an issue such as the OP describes. My guess would be
that there is some sort of database corruption, but since I don't use
the Flatpak version I can't really comment further.

poc