[Evolution] preformatted initial mode in plain text replies

Hello!  Thanks for creating and updating Evolution---it's a great email application!

I have a question about preformatted mode in replies.  My composer is set to use plain text.  I have the "composer-plain-text-starts-preformatted" setting set to true, and when I start a new email, the composer starts in plain text mode with the preformatted paragraph mode.

However, when I reply to a message (I use "quoted" reply style), the two top lines of the reply are in "Normal" paragraph mode.  I have the "composer-wrap-quoted-text-in-replies" set to false, and the quoted original message is in preformatted paragraphs.  The Normal paragraph mode occurs regardless of whether the original message was in HTML or not.

This bug report describes this issue, and it seems that a patch was committed to fix it in May 2020.

However, I am still having this issue (I've been using Evolution for about 20 months, and I have always had this issue).  Are there other settings that I need to change?

I am using Evolution 3.42.3 (3.42.3-1.fc35) on Fedora 35.

Thanks for any help!
Stephen