Re: [Evolution] Strange result from copying

On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 22:25:15 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I think you have things backward.  Copying through vi fixes the text;
direct copying makes it weird.  Or do misunderstand you.

Anyway:
$ locale | head -1; echo $LANG
LANG=en_US.US-ASCII
en_US.US-ASCII

No you don't misunderstand me. I misunderstood you.

Ok, likely conversion from utf8 to ASCII fails, while conversion from
utf8 to latin1 to ASCII seemingly does work.

It's just a guess, I don't know if this is correct.

Webpage utf8 -> your LANG ASCII

Webpage utf8 -> vi latin1 -> your LANG ASCII

ASCII  128 characters
latin1 256 characters

Why are you using ASCII instead of utf8?