[Evolution] dictionaries in Evolution

It's the first time to send such a help request; should I make something wrong, please advice.

I am coming from the Thunderbird world where I could easily make entries into a custom dictionary.

Is there such a possibility - still hidden to me - in Evolution and where?

Alternatively I can imagine to edit the dictionaries I am using and add the needed words there. (Mainly German for all words with the German Umlauts; I write on a Japanese keyboard and never typed Umlauts.)
Where are the dictionaries for languages located?
How are they called?
How can they be edited?

Thanks for helping replies!