Re: [Evolution] Signature not appended

On Fri, 2021-03-19 at 23:27 +0100, Ángel wrote:
On 2021-03-19 at 08:25 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I have a small script to invoke fortune, which I am attempting to use
to append a signature to my emails.
(...)

However no signature is ever appended.  Am I setting things up wrong,
or is this a bug?

The signature script works by adding it when you open the composer (or
when changing the signature).
What happens when you open a new email? Does it work if in the composer
window you choose your script in the Signature dropdown? You may need
to set it as the default signature.

When I open a composer window to create a new email, nothing unusual happens: no messages from evolution, etc.; no signature appears before I start editing.

If in a new composer window I check the only option to control signature (but probably the wrong kind of signature), namely
Options->S/MIME Sign
clicking "Send" fails with the message:
Could not create message.
You may need to select different mail options.
Detailed error: Cannot sign outgoing message: No signing certificate set for this account

I don't see anything in
evolution->edit->preferences->Composer Preferences->Signature
to control which signature is the default.

The various relevant options in
evolution->edit->preferences->Composer Preferences->General
don't seem to affect anything, probably because no signatures are ever inserted.

Thanks - jon