Re: [Evolution] icon to right of mail account name

On Fri, 2021-02-26 at 12:20 +0100, Steve Edmiston via evolution-list
wrote:
I guess what I'm asking is why would there be a "not
connected" icon showing when the lower left connection icon shows
that Evolution is online and I'm able to send/receive mail and sync
my outlook.com calendar and contacts?

        Hi,
the calendar and contacts are basically independent of the mail part.
The online/offline button influences only the mail part. You can have
Evolution online, still there can be an issue to reach the destination
address of respective accounts, which is indicated by the icon beside
the account name. Why that misbehaves for you in the mail part, but not
in the others, I do not understand. Reachabily check depends on glib2
functionality, which depends on other means.

They should work consistently. If you want to workaround that, go to
Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences and change the "Method to detect
online state" to "Always Online". You can see proxy settings here as
well, in case you've any proxy set for this.
        Bye,
        Milan