Re: [Evolution] troublesome cache

On Fri, 2021-02-05 at 16:43 +0000, Richard Bown wrote:
version 3.36.4-0ubuntu1
Typically I keep getting warnings it can find locations like
Archive/inbox2012.,
Big orange bar across the top of the mail listing
thats when I change folder back to the inbox, I'm using IMAP
Its looking for folders that are no longer in the folder tree on the
IMAP server, because they are listed in that offending cache mail file
which is old and way out of date

A previous reply I wrote seems to have got lost ...

The cache is not important, it's a red herring. Account configuration
is NOT stored in the cache. Account configuration is not disposable
information.

Andre has pointed you to where the account data is stored. Before you
try and delete things, make sure all of the Evolution programs are
shutdown, including the background data factories. Easiest way is to
delete the account(s) from within Evolution, then reboot and login on
the console (i.e. don't start a GUI session), then delete the Evolution
data locations.

P.