Re: [Evolution] Settings in $HOME/.cache/evolution

On Sat, 2021-01-30 at 19:28 +0100, Douglas Summers via evolution-list
wrote:
I've been moving most of my app cache directories to /tmp (tmpfs) so
that they're cleaned on a reboot.

        Hi,
while the cache folder is meant to be disposable, it is there to save
bandwidth and the like, as Ángel said.

Similarly, as you realized, some settings are saved there as well. It's
because the cache mirrors the server state. Some servers can provide
also calendar colors and such, but some not.

I'm not sure moving these things to the .config/ directory would be the
right thing. You can symlink ~/.cache/evolution/sources/ to some
persistent location, which will help in your case.

There is opened a bug about storing mail folder settings in a
persistent place (those are also in the .cache right now) here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/150

        Bye,
        Milan