Re: [Evolution] Send messages as plain text to select recipients

On Mon, 2021-08-30 at 18:22 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

The ‘Wants to receive HTML mail’ check box remains greyed out
whether I
enable or not the ‘Format messages in HTML’ option. So I guess the
two
are not related. But then, in which conditions would the former
_not_
be greyed out?

It depends on what the backend store for the contacts is.  It's
active
for my locally stored contacts but not for Google or EWS/O365. I'm
afraid I don't have any LDAP backend configured to comment on that.

If there's no category store that information in the backend store,
then it will be inactive.

P.

I see, thanks. Indeed when I store my evolution-list contact locally,
that check box becomes active.

Still, when I replied to this message (or when I click on the email
address when displaying the contact), the editor was in HTML mode. I
tried reproducing that setting with myself as a contact, expecting that
I would get a confirmation window if I tried to send myself a message
in HTML, but didn’t get any and I received the message in HTML.

I’m wondering how to enforce that setting then?