Re: [Evolution] Migrating from Thunderbird via import without duplicates

On 2020-10-27 at 17:29 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2020-10-28 at 00:31 +0900, christopher wrote:
 Are there details on this process (warnings heeded) anywhere?

No, there are not, because nobody did it yet and should not do that.

I can think of only a single workaround:
(...)

Maybe he could set up an IMAP server on localhost pointing to that
local copy, configure evolution to use that server, copying it to the
local cache (thus transferring the 100 GB on localhost interface), then
change the server configuration to the real server.

I would expect the folders.db to have important(?) differences (for
instance the message UIDs would all be different), but seems like it
should be slightly more compatible. Any opinion on that?

Best regards