Re: [Evolution] Updating to newest Evolution mail version

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, 2020-03-30 at 11:52 +0200, Daniel Helfenberger wrote:
I should know how I can Update Evolution Mail to the latest Version.
My current Version is: 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1
[...]
In the Evolution Manual I found nothing about updates to the newest
version, but I found this on in the net:

Updating software in your distribution depends on your distribution,
not on the software itself. Hence it's not covered in the user docs.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/755985/getting-latest-version-of-evolution-on-ubuntu-14-04#755997

sudo apt-get remove evolution
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install evolution

My questions are:

Where can I check, whats the newest Version of Evoloution Mail ?

For GNOME: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution
For your distribution which ships GNOME: Ask your distribution.

Is this the normal way that I have to remove and reinstall Evolution or
is there a better way to update Evoloution Mail ?

I don't think it's normal. However, this depends on your distribution.

Does my settings go lost, when I remove and reinstall Evolution ?

No, they don't. However backups are always a good idea. :)

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net