-------- Message initial --------
De: Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
Répondre à: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
Objet: Re: [Evolution] Evolution Macro Plugin
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 12:19:22 +0200

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 11:57 +0200, Stephane Passignat via evolution-
list wrote:
I think I'm reaching the end of this approach. I looked at macro
script but I haven't found. Are there any macro script I havent found
?

	Hi,
I'm not sure what you call "macro script" or "macro plugin", but maybe
it's not that important.

I looked at plugins code but I havent programmed in C for decades.
Any ides on how and what to do ?

The main programming language in Evolution is C. There can be made
GObject bindings (then it can be used by other languages like python
and all those, which understand GObject introspection), but it's
generated for evolution-data-serer only, not for Evolution.

You may want to engage someone knowing C, and especially glib, because
it's used heavily there. Such person could start with the example
module [1] and change it to its like-ings. He/she would be mostly
interested in the m-msg-composer-extension.c part (can delete (almost)
all the rest), and it can change it to connect to the "presend" action
of the EMsgComposer, where can be implemented the question about asking
whether the sender is correctly set (the signal handler returns whether
the message can be send). It's different from your suggested "ask on
composer open", but I think it is not a problem, and, more importantly,
it can use already implemented approach (the "presend" signal).

	Bye,
	Milan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Extensions#Example_Module