[Evolution] Composer spell check - no languages?

Looking for some guidance making use of the spell check feature.

I am unable to utilize spell-checking in the Evolution composer because
there are no dictionaries/languages listed in the preference pane for
the spell checker.  The pane states "The list of languages here
reflects only the languages for which you have a dictionary installed"

I have an English dictionary installed (app-dicts/aspell-en) on the
system, but it is not showing in the preferences pane.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Meta (in case it is useful)
----