Re: [Evolution] why do some of my emails delete themselves??

On Fri, 2020-02-28 at 16:06 -0700, ARLENE B via evolution-list wrote:
Now, I like evolution pretty well, except there are times when an
email just disappears, without my deleting it. This is very annoying.

Hi,

are the mails deleted or moved to the virtuell Trash folder?

Just a guess, maybe no email gets automatically deleted at all.

In the left side of the search bar is a selection box. If the pointer
hovers over this box and you move the scroll wheel, you change the
filter from "All Messages" to something else, such as "Unread Messages"
or "Read Messages". This easily happens by mistake. This is one reason
that makes it look like automatically deleted mails, but actually no
mail is deleted at all, since it's just a view filter.

I would also like to see the color labeling as Thunderbird does when
you tag an email. Is this possible?

I don't know what "tag" is for, when using Thunderbird. What do you mean
by "tag"? AFAIK Evolution doesn't support tags, at least not in a way,
as e.g. Claws does. If I search Evolution's help for "tag", I only get a
hit related to formatting text.

You could right click on a message in the message list to manually
assign a colour.

If you flag an email it automatically gets a colour. If you label a
mail, it gets the colour assigned to the label and as already pointed
out, you just could assign a colour to an email. Just if you only add a
note, only an icon is added, but not another colour.

Regards,
Ralf