Re: [Evolution] Proposal regarding apparent race condition on Evolution start-up

On Tue, 2020-02-11 at 17:20 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Other posts I've seen have said that ksecretservice has died and that
there are no other applications that provide the same functionality
in KDE. So probably a theoretical issue, not a real-life one.

        Hi,
you can search /usr/share/dbus-1/ for files containing
org.freedesktop.secrets . That would be the place where the service
should be properly advertised [*]. My installation contains only a
single file, referencing gnome-keyring-daemon. I see it uses different
arguments than the gnome-keyring-daemon started by the desktop
environment.

From my point of view, once libsecret is taught to reconnect to the
D-Bus service when the connection is lost for whatever reason, it'll
start work fine for other than GNOME desktops too.

        Bye,
        Milan

[*] It can be that some service does not advertise itself, but can
still take over the D-Bus name when started. Examining D-Bus session
would help, though I'm afraid it's even more theoretical thing than the
previous.