Re: [Evolution] Message filters not playing sounds

On Sat, 2020-08-01 at 22:26 +0200, Gaya wrote:
Beep also does not result in sound. If using the mail notification
plug-in, generally sound is played fine.

        Hi,
Evolution uses libcanberra to play sound files. Looking into the code,
trying it here and by adding some error reporting I see the difference
between the filter and the mail notification. The mail notification
uses its own context, while the filter sound uses the gtk context. The
gtk context can have disabled sound in the system Preferences, which
happened to me here. When I enable theme sounds the sound is played
correctly. Similarly with the Beep, it relies on the system sound theme
being enabled.

I'll change the filter sound to not use the gtk context and I'll add
also some debug prints to make debugging easier.
        Bye,
        Milan