[Evolution] Google contact groups

Hello,
I am new to Evolution and cannot find a way to do this.
Google contacts provides a grouping feature to group email addresses.
In Evolution I can view the group contacts using the Contacts button. When I compose a new email message and I enter the group contact name in the to field, it is not recognized by Evolution. If I click the To in the composer I cannot find the groups.

I had to duplicate my Google groups in Evolution using File > New > Contact list duplicating the group present in Google contacts.

I thought if I could see the group in Evolution Contacts I should be able to compose a new email using the group name. Am I missing something? Does Evolution support Google contact groups when using the email composer?

Thank you
Sent from Mailspring