Re: [Evolution] deleted/cancelled recurring events are shown

Hi Milan,

On Tue, 2019-10-29 at 12:03 +0100, Michael Hirmke wrote:
mybe, but the problem here is not with exceptions from recurring
events, but for all recurring events.

      Hi,
to delete/cancel an instance of a recurring event, that
deleted/cancelled instance should be recorded somewhere. It's done by
an "exception". This exception can have a replacement (a detached
instance) or not. When it doesn't, then the instance is not shown in
the view.

is this true also for deletion of instances of a recurring event, that
took place in a different program like Outlook?

The 3.34.2 (where this is fixed) is planned around the last week in
November, which is quite far away from today. I do not know whether
you've a chance to apply custom patches to Evolution, or whether you
can ask your distro maintainer to do it for you, to give the change a
try. Even though the 3.34.2 would be better, due to other semi-related
changes landing there as well.

My distribution is openSUSE Tumbleweed.
I don't think, they would apply custom patches to the package.
I can live with this problem 'til end of November, though.

      Bye,
      Milan

Thx and bye.
Michael.