Re: [Evolution] ews calendar backend error - "The property has an invalid value."

On Fri, 2018-08-31 at 10:26 +0200, Torsten Krah wrote:
so would be nice to get a fix for evolution here too.

        Hi,
I agree and thank you for the offer to help with this further.

Anything i can provide to you or try?

Yes, probably by getting the message and see what properties the
Exchange server has set would help to identify the issue. Such output
will contain too much private information, including the message
itself, thus do not share it on the mailing list. You can send it
privately to me, but keep the subject as is, otherwise I can overlook
your message or just delete it as spam.

I just noticed I didn't provide you with the getitem.xml file in my
previous reply. My fault, I'm sorry for that. Find it attached now. The
result of that command and this file, without the curl output, would
help. Just replace the IDIDIDID in the getitem.xml with your actual
item ID.

Your (privately sent) GetItem request asks the server to receive:
     <messages:ItemShape>
       <BaseShape>IdOnly</BaseShape>
       <IncludeMimeContent>false</IncludeMimeContent>
       <BodyType>Text</BodyType>
       <AdditionalProperties>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="item:Attachments"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="item:Categories"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="item:HasAttachments"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="item:MimeContent"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:UID"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:Resources"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:ModifiedOccurrences"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:IsMeeting"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:MyResponseType"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:RequiredAttendees"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:OptionalAttendees"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:StartTimeZone"/>
         <FieldURI FieldURI="calendar:EndTimeZone"/>
         <ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings"
PropertyName="EvolutionEWSStartTimeZone" PropertyType="String"/>
         <ExtendedFieldURI DistinguishedPropertySetId="PublicStrings"
PropertyName="EvolutionEWSEndTimeZone" PropertyType="String"/>
       </AdditionalProperties>
     </messages:ItemShape>

and your server doesn't like one (or more) of those properties for one
(or more) items. The attached getitem.xml doesn't read all of these,
only few of them. Finding which of those properties is that (are those)
which causes (cause) the error message will be very helpful. Seeing
what the item actually is will help as well. It can be that OWA/Outlook
do not read those properties directly, thus they have no problem with
it.

My personal observation was that the Exchange server is quite forgiving
for issues, this is the first time I see this particular error (or I do
not recall if I ever saw it before).
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan