[Evolution] how do I set evolution to have the most recent message at the top of the list?

often, I find that when I'm switching between inbox accounts, the
message list for that particular account, is "active" (highlighted),
sitting at a seemingly random message some days or even weeks prior
than the current date/time.

Is there a way to force it to start/show the most recent message?
or at least be at the current days emails?

and no, it's not sitting at the previous message or even close to it,
which I could understand.