Re: [Evolution] Sigfile-hyphens checkbox

On Mon, 2018-10-01 at 11:49 -0700, Mark - Syminet wrote:
On my laptop here running Ubuntu Bionic, adding a sigfile works
great!

        Hi,
a sigfile?

However, when creating a new message there is no space inserted
between the message body and the signature, requiring a
"click+<enter>" to properly separate them.

Works for me. I open a new message (Ctrl+N in the Mail view), I select
a signature to be used and the message body looks like this:

   ------------------------------

   --
   signature follows
   ------------------------------

and I just start typing above the "-- ".

Was able to work around this using dconf suggestion here:

http://delcoursolutions.tumblr.com/post/36602556359/remove-signature-dashes-from-evolution-36-under

...this worked,

It's not for what you want. The "-- \n" is important, it's a delimiter
between message body and the signature, which mail clients know about
and work with them in some way.

but it did not help with fixing the problem mentioned in
my previous post.

Can I ask what "previous post" you talk about, please? The only one I
see, as received from the list by date, is "Plain Text Default: Notmal
vs. Preformatted" which doesn't look related at all.
        Bye,
        Milan