[Evolution] Apply the same view settings to all folders (was: Re: fixed not a bug thank you Re: Bug in Evolution ver. 3.18.5.2)

On Wed, 2018-03-07 at 17:01 -0500, steve Interdonato wrote:
Found "Apply the same view settings to all folders"
disabling it fixed my issue.

        Hello,
just to make a little heads-up for anyone interested on this list.
Since 3.28.0 that option is 'on' by default (it used to be 'off').
People whom ever happened to change the value will not notice any
difference, but because GSettings remembers whether the user changed
the key value and if not, then it uses the default value as provided by
the application, then for those whom never touched it it'll flip to
'on' too. I do not know whether GConf used to work differently in this
regard.

The change had been made, because some people consider it as a feature,
not as a bug, and I've been convinced that some other comparable
client(s) use one view for all folders by default, thus new users get
similar behavior. I didn't know the GSettings behavior is the way it
is, I'd expect that the change influences only new installations, but,
as said above, it's not always true.

That said, Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Apply the same view
settings to all folders, turn it off and on again (actually vice
versa), and you are safe.
        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: I consider the way the views work in Evolution more powerful,
but, sadly, it's not that intuitive for users/on the first look.