Re: [Evolution] Evolution and Google's less secure app problem

Well, blame  Evolution and the mailing list.  Someone, right after my
first reply, stated that all replies should be in plain text and

Unless, I'm missing an option in Evolution, I'm simply replying,
interspersing my responses with Evolution in plaintext mode, which
seems to still want to use color to indicate depth of comments..
Combine that with people (myself included) cut out unnecessary portions
of previous comments, but forget to leave the appropriate header info.

If you are seeing the text (not just the quote indicator) being
coloured to indicate depth, then it's not plain text mode, it's still
HTML, but with fixed pitch fonts. Being well behaved, Evolution will
add a plain text version when it sends the mail out, but since the
conversion from HTML to plain text does not know about quoting, it just
sees different coloured text and puts just the text into the
alternative part.  The mailing list preferentially selects the plain
text part if there is one to send to everyone, hence your post arrived
without quote indicators and indentation.

All you have to do is to make sure the drop down underneath the
Subject: label in the composer says "Plain Text" and not "HTML". Unless
you've changed it, the default quote indicator of "> " is perfectly
fine and what you should see when composing the email.

P.