Re: [Evolution] Disable Digests? [was: evolution-list Digest, Vol 156, Issue 61]

On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 07:01 -0400, Peter M Buck wrote:
I like getting one post per day. This allows me to quickly scan the day's topics without being interrupted
multiple times per day.  I just signed up for the list last week (and asked for the digest).  If the digest
is eliminated, I'll probably - reluctantly - unsubscribe.  But I'd like to stay informed.

[Please don't top-post on this list]

Why would you be interrupted? Set up a filter and everything goes into
a folder you can examine at your leisure. That's what I do and I
suspect most people on this list do too.

A lead paragraph describing how to properly reply to a thread might help.

There is already a boilerplate paragraph, which evidently you didn't
see:

   Important: do NOT reply directly to this digest. If you wish to
   reply to a component message, use your mailer's facility for this.
   In Evolution: right-click and select from the pop-up menu, or use
   the drop-down menu at the top of each message if available.

This is exactly my point: people simply don't read this stuff.

poc