Re: [Evolution] Evo versions

On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 10:17 +0100, Richard Bown wrote:
Just interested in how the versioning works

        Hi,
Evolution projects (specifically evolution-data-server, evolution,
evolution-ews and evolution-mapi) follow GNOME release schedule:
https://www.gnome.org/start/unstable

GNOME itself has up to two additional stable releases (it ends
with 3.28.2 for example), but Evolution projects have more stable
releases, if there is anything to release. The 3.28.3 had been done in
the same time as 3.29.3 (which makes a larger gap between .2 and .3),
the same as the following releases are planned to be done at the same
time currently:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/ReleaseHOWTO#Release_Schedule

If you are wondering, then it was kind of boring to make a release
every ~two weeks, thus I decided to merge the dates with the additional
stable releases to make it easier for me.

I hope it makes things clearer.
        Bye,
        Milan