Re: [Evolution] I tried to import emails into EVO. But, it didn't quite work out as planned.

On Sat, 2018-07-14 at 14:45 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
I was going to go pop on everything until I read on the Evolution Q and
A website that Evo only uses 1 folder set for pop accounts. Where in
Thunderbird each account gets its own set of folders. But, thunderbird
can be set like Evolution to only use one set of folders.

And Evolution can sort your POP accounts into folders using filters, as
explained elsewhere.

My GMAIL is automatically picked up by my domain because, all I use it
for is Youtube notifications.

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

 And on your question of why don't I just use IMAP for everything....
Well, you're answer is..... Pop3 ain't broke... So it doesn't need
fixing.  :)

Clearly it is broken for many use cases, including the one you've been
talking about here. POP is an obsolete protocol. The *only* reason to use it is when your mail provider
doesn't support anything else. There is nothing you can do with POP that you can't also do with IMAP, and
IMAP provides significant advantages when you access your mail from more than one device, as virtually
everyone does nowadays.

However this has topic been hashed over more than once on the list and
people will use what they want to use.

poc