Re: [Evolution] Selecting Topics

On Mon, 2018-08-20 at 20:06 -0700, Mr. J wrote:
I'm sure I'm overlooking something, but, on my Mailing List Membership
Configuration page there's a box titled "Which topic categories would
you like to subscribe to?" Neither when I signed up initially, nor now
do I see a way to select those topic categories.  The right-side small
box says: "No topics defined."

As a result, I'm getting every message posted to the list.

No offense to others, but please tell me how to define a topic
category.

As Ralf has said, there are no "Topics" defined for the mailing list -
it's not something *you* do, it's something that mailing list
administrator does.

I'm always reticent to tell people how they should deal with life, but
in all honesty this list is not a high volume list and I'm finding it
difficult to know how it could be split up into topics.  Can I ask what
sort of things you object to receiving and what it is you specifically
signed up to this list to see?

The advice that was given when digests were removed, and which I think
is pertinent here, is to use Evolution's ability to filter mails into
folders (right click on mailing list mail and select Create -> Filter
for mailing list).  It's much easier to scan through the mails that way
to find those of interest, rather than having them interleaved with
other mail.

P.