[Evolution] Messages not being marked as READ

Hello All,

Using Evolution 3.18.5.2 on Ubuntu 16.04.  I have Evolution set to mark
messages as read when I view them in the preview window.  I have been
receiving some mail messages for awhile that do NOT mark as read
automatically like most of my mail messages do.  Sort of irritating
that I have to either double click and open in a separate window or
right click and "Mark as Read" to clear the setting.  Even if I click
and drag the message to the desired folder, it still reports as Unread
until I change it manually.

Since this only happens to mail messages from certain senders it would
appear to be something the sender is setting in the mail message.  Is
there anyway I can over ride this behavior and ignore the senders
setting?

Thank you for your consideration,
James