Re: [Evolution] Passwords

On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 07:35 +0100, David wrote:
Looking where the passwords are stored, in the shadow files, I've
copied the shadow files from the Manjaro laptop disk and I'll try
adding them into another working system to see if I can read them
with Seahorse.

Hi,

what "shadow files"?

The Evolution related passwords are not stored in /etc/shadow. They are
somewhere stored in $HOME (/home/user/). I don't know where they are
stored, however, if you just would

"sudo cp -ai /mntpoint_old_drive/home/orignal_user/ /home/new_user"
"sudo useradd -m -s /bin/bash new_user"
"sudo chown -R new_user:new_user /home/new_user"

then log out and log in as the new user, you could access the passwords
using seahorse.

Since I'm an Arch Linux user, I strongly advise against using Manjaro
Linux or any other Arch Linux derivative.

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-securityink,-cornflower,,-pussytoes}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.16-1