Re: [Evolution] Problems with 3.26

On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 13:06 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
1) The old "You must be working online ..." message is back. The box
is definitely online, and Evo actually *knows* it's online according
to the socket icon, yet it refuses to let me refresh my folders or
post. This happens on both my Gmail accounts via IMAP, which had been
working correctly before the upgrade.

        Hi,
works for me. Up to date (updated few minutes ago) Fedora 27 with:

   evolution-data-server-3.26.2.1-1.fc27.x86_64
   evolution-3.26.2-1.fc27.x86_64
   glib2-2.54.2-1.fc27.x86_64
   glib-networking-2.54.1-1.fc27.x86_64

What is in Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences, General section?
Might be "Default" and as long as you see evolution as such online,
then should be fine. Verifying proxy settings at the same place might
be a good idea as well.

Then I'd check the account Properties->Receiving Email tab->Server
value and verify the address there makes sense (might be imap.gmail.com
or imap.googlemail.com; beware of white spaces) and that you can
actually ping that server from a terminal.

I'm not aware of any eds/evo change which would cause trouble in this
regard, but I do not remember every change there too. GOA-configured
accounts could switch to googlemail.com from gmail.com, if it's it.

With respect of getting current help, you can install evolution-help,
which will then open local help, instead of trying to reach the online
help.
        Bye,
        Milan