Re: [Evolution] Evolution Mail Help Request: unified inbox, spell check and icloud

Hi and welcome!

On Mon, 2017-07-17 at 09:28 +0000, Sumner Magruder wrote:
I am new to the evolution mail application, and so far I think I like
it. There are a few things that I need help with (that I have tried
troubleshooting on my own as well as consulting various forums).

In no particular order my issues are:

No unified inbox: while I have multiple accounts on Evolution, they do
not all appear under the main inbox - which would be prefered.

POP accounts end up in the same main inbox so I assume you refer to
IMAP / other remote account types. You could set up a search folder:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-search-folders.html

While spell check works fine, there appears to be no hot key to make
changes for suggestions (e.g. if I spell autheticate - which only
sometimes appears red - if I right click there is no suggestion for
authenticate)

F7 only offers to go through all unrecognized words in the entire mail.
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-composer-spellcheck.html
Feature requests could be reported in the task tracker under
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution

I am trying to get my icloud account online. I have looked under apples
documentation and have tried a lot of trouble shooting to no avail. Has
anyone had any success on activating an icloud account and please let
me know what settings they are using.

"icloud" = email? Where to find Apple's docs? What does "no avail" mean
and what happens exactly? Are there error messages? Which ones?

Also what is the hot key for send (control-D on Mac)

See "Help > Quick Reference" for some shortcuts. The main menu should
also display keyboard shortcuts right next to an item.
In this case: "Ctrl+Return".

Cheers,
andre

PS: For future reference, mentioning your Evolution version is welcome.
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/