Re: [Evolution] evolution will not start again after update

Since this update I am not able to use evolution anymore. Whenever I
start it from a xterm I got the following message

evolution :

** (evolution:31412): CRITICAL **: categories_icon_theme_hack: assertion
'filename != NULL && *filename != '\0'' failed

If this is indeed the critical error that's causing your problem, then
it might be an idea to change the icon theme to see if that sorts it.

Other than that, you might (temporarily) try using a different window
manager than fvwm2 - preferably Gnome.  If you don't want to do things
with your main account, create a new Linux user and experiment with
that. That will, hopefully, isolate the problem to either Evolution
itself or to the environment it's operating in.

P.