Re: [Evolution] Problem with character encoding?

Since I am from the same country as the thread starter, I to would like
Evolution to just find out which encoding is used. In Norway, if you
want to specify the ISO-8859-standard, the number is ISO-8859-15, but
most will just put ISO-8859-1.

What do you mean? Do you want it to deduce what country that particular
copy of Evo is running in and then select the encoding to display
emails based on that?

I think the thread starter has found something (bug?) that should be
corrected in future releases. I have not experienced this before, but I
would like to have it fixed.

Why do you think it's a bug? The OP had UTF-8 set as the default; there
was no encoding specified in the message; Evolution used the encoding
specified as the default to use when there was no specific encoding in
the message.  All seems perfectly logical and non-bug like to me.

The error in this is that the received email did not have an encoding
set, which not even the harshest critic would say was an Evo bug!

P.