Re: [Evolution] evolution in ubuntu

Le 2017-12-28 à 05:56, Andre Klapper a écrit :
On Thu, 2017-12-28 at 11:46 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
Since then, evolution people seem not to have been
particularly eager to support evolution on the ubuntu platform.

I have no idea what "Evolution people to support Evolution on the
Ubuntu platform" means. It's up to each distribution to make sure that
shipped software integrates and works well on the distribution.
It's not the task of upstream "Evolution people" to support, maintain,
integrate Evolution into gazillions of distributions out there.

Indeed.

As a ubuntu user, I feel not getting the best user experience possible
with evolution. Still stuck with v 3.22.6, support not as friendly as
I'm used to, I'm feeling like a 2nd class user...

Feel free to ask Ubuntu to ship a more recent Evolution version.

EXactly. For that, just file a bug report with whatever Ubuntu uses for problems.
Alternately, you could become a packager for Evolution on Ubuntu.
It won't be as difficult as you might think. Since Evolution is already in the distro, the different names often used for the same dependancies will be already in the package configuration file. (I don't know what .deb packages use; I use an .rpm based distro.) So you would likely just have to adjust the version of dependancies for the newer version of Evolution. If you need more than that, other packagers should be willing to help. That is how Linux distros work. If you don't yet understand this, I'm sure a Ubuntu packager or advanced user would be willing to help you.

andre

--
another André