Re: [Evolution] More on Crashes

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 18:26:54 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Can anyone recommend another mail reader?

What are your requirements?

Consider to use another distro. I don't know how much you are focused
on user-friendliness. Arch Linux policy is to _not_ be user-friendly,
but for several needs it perhaps is the best distro and Evolution on
Arch Linux is stable.

In addition to Evolution I'm using Claws Mail and Sylpheed. I don't
like Sylpheed that much, but do like Claws Mail a lot. However, Claws
Mail might not be able to replace Evolution for you.

If you wish to have all Evolution features, you really should consider
to stay with Evolution, instead of using another MUA. Just switch to a
distro with well maintained, stable packages. If you should be
comfortable with less features, but like a highly configurable MUA, my
recommendation is to test Claws Mail. Claws Mail has got that
less dependencies, that you could compile latest releases within a few
minutes for perhaps each distro, assuming a distro shouldn't provide up
to date packages.

Kmail never was to my taste, but Mozilla MUAs were, I just dislike the
Mozilla attitude and I don't know how Mozilla MUAs are today.