Re: [Evolution] Newbie-questions

On Mon, 2016-10-24 at 12:43 +0100, James Freer wrote:
using linux xubuntu 16.04

You should mention the version of Evolution.

- using imap. Which directory is mail and settings stored in on the PC as I
would prefer to do manual backups. Not sure what others do but when one
installs the next xubuntu update I want to be able to copy the directory to
remote hard drive and copy it back once new install is set up.

Menu bar > Help > Contents   or   F1-key

Ctrl+F or Ctrl+S or click the search icon and type "back" and all your
backup related questions are answered.

However, regarding stored mails consider to read about the differences
between IMAP and POP.

Regards,
Ralf