Re: [Evolution] How does evo determine when to base64 encode?

On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 22:25 +0000, Johnson, Brett E (HP Cloud Linux R&D) wrote:
I've noticed that, using evolution-ews, evolution almost always base64-encodes
the body of my messages.  Yet, if I send the same message via SMTP, it is not
encoded.

If anyone else is interested, I figured out an easier workaround than forcing
evolution to send through SMTP.  It appears that having the character encoding
set to utf-8 is a flag that causes msexchange to base-64 encode the email.  I
set my default composer encoding to iso-8859-1 (ascii), and now it sends plain
text.

--
Brett Johnson<brett hpe com>
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."