Re: [Evolution] Sending ical event invites to Outlook users?

Hi Milan;

Am Mittwoch, den 02.03.2016, 12:22 +0100 schrieb Milan Crha:
I'm pretty sure your Outlook 2016 also uses the EWS protocol to
connect to your server, if it connects to the Exchange server.

Not in our case. Our mail environment is plain SMTP / IMAP, and
calendar stuff is done using CalDAV on an ownCloud server. According to
my colleague using Outlook, *usually* posting things to the CalDAV
calendar works well too...

I'd guess that the calendar server they use rejected the update of
the event for some reason.

I'm not very deep into ics and these calendar formats yet I attached
the calendar file sent out by evolution. Compared to other invites I
used to send through Thunderbird, there apparently is a huge load of
DTSTART fields appearing in there. This looks the same whenever I try
to store such an event directly as ical. I'm unsure but shouldn't this
appear in there only once? Or am I doing anything completely wrong
here?

Thanks and best regards,
Kristian