Re: [Evolution] Issue with CalDAV and deleting contacts

On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 08:49 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
The subject says "CalDAV" do you really mean that? Is it actually
"CardDav"?

I've recently upgraded to Evo 3.18.5.2.  When I attempt to delete a contact I get a "Failed to delete contact"  "Delete failed with HTTP status 8".  This is using Baikal...interestingly it is only impacting contacts added with a only a first name.  Is there a step I can take to say manually remove or debug this?
That sounds like a bug in the server since the error comes from the HTTP transaction.  Perhaps try some other CardDAV client to test that. You could also enable the relevant debugging on the addressbook factory backend to see the exact chatter between the client and server - that may give you a better idea of what's happening. Can you modify the contact though?  If you can, just add a bogus surname and then delete it. P. _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list evolution-list gnome org To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list

Ah..yes...CardDAV.  On an Android device the entries in the Contact List weren't there.  I tested with pointing the CardDAV account to localhost and restarting with the same results.  I also packet captured with the correct settings and when attempting to delete the entry and getting the error saw no packets exchanged.  I finally just deleted the Address Book and readded it and the entries were gone.  Thank you.

James