Re: [Evolution] All folders have disappeared

On Mon, 2016-06-13 at 09:12 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Mon, 2016-06-13 at 14:51 +0200, Mercure wrote:

Are you sure there is no small triangle or plus sign (depends on
thtetheme you're using) in front of "On This Computer" to click
in
order to expand the accidentially collapsed folder view?
The click on the small triangle was unoperating for days. I tried
again after your answer and it works ! But 2 days ago I have
updated
Debian with the available updates. I did not notice any update
related to Evolution. It remains a mystery !
Just a tip in general - do not update a system while logged in as a
user doing stuff with applications open.  That can result in
wierdness.

I invariably do updates while logged in and using stuff. I then decide
what needs to be restarted, or if I have to log out, or the system
needs to be rebooted. On Fedora there's a useful utility called tracer
that helps decide this (it checks if any virtual memory pages belong to
processes whose package was updated after the process started).

poc